Here is a snap of the raw rice of how it looks.
Kavuni Arisi - 1 cup (soak overnight)
Water - 3 cups
Sugar - 2 cups
Coconut grated - 1/2 cup
1) Pressure cook the soaked rice in 3 cups of water for about 30 minutes.
2) After the pressure is released mash the rice nicely with your ladle. You can reserve about 2 to 3 tb.sp of the unmashed rice and mash the rest.
3) Now add sugar and coconut. Cook till it reaches a thick consistency.
4) Serve hot or cold.
5) If you are planning to prepare for guests, you can prepare it a day ahead and keep it in a air-tight refrigerator and serve hot or cold next day. This way the rice also absorbs the sweetness of the sugar.
6) Both ways, whether served on the same day or next day it tastes great.