LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chettinadu Kolam For Pongal & Marriages

Here I am putting up some Kolams, which are used in some special occasions in Chettinadu. These kolams are called Nadu Veetu Kolams. We put it for Pongal, Pillayar Nonbu, Marriages, House Warming Ceremonies etc. These kolams carry a special importance in all our functions. It brings out the artistic creations in each girl. The kolams here in the photos have been put up by my sister, Kanthi Akka, in Madurai. And the photos have been taken by my Niece.

Pongal Kolam

Nadu Veetu Kolam


Pongal Kolam 


Pongal Kolam 

Here are some kolam by my maami Mrs. Mani Megalai. 

 Nadu Veetu Kolam


Pongal Kolam 

5 comments:

Shama Nagarajan said...

wow..beautiful

Kurinji Kudil said...

Really beautiful...

Solai Chidambaram said...

Great work Visalakshi.I would give a link to this post in my blog so that our younger generations would benifit.I just link it.

KrBr said...

So nice off you to share the Kolam's Unfortunately i saw it only today.

Wish i had seen it couple of days before. Would have been off great use for Pongal Kolam.

Never mind will refer these whenever possible

Valli Arun said...

Very nice Aunty.