Raw Rice - 3 cups
Black gram - 1/2 cup
Roasted Bengal Gram dal - 1/2 cup
Bengal gram - a handful
Dry Red Chillies - 15
Shredded Coconut - 2 cups (optional)
Asafoetida Powder - 1 tsp
- Soak the rice for 1 hour, drain the water and grind the rice in a mixie to a fine powder. Sieve it twice.
- Soak Bengal gram in enough water for about 2 hours.
- Roast the black gram in a dry pan to a golden brown colour. When cooled, grind it to a fine powder and sieve it once.
- Grind the Roasted Bengal Gram with the red chillies, asafoetida & coconut to a fine paste.
- Add the ground paste, powder, ghee, curry leaves and the soaked dal to the rice flour with enough salt & knead to a soft dough.
- Take a clean plastic sheet. Grease it with oil. Take a small ball of the dough and place it in the center of the plastic sheet. Place another greased clean plastic sheet.
- Flatten the ball placed between the plastic sheets with a rolling pin. Flatten it as thin as possible.
- Cut it with a round cookie cutter.
- Make a small batch of it and fry it in the oil. Remove it and place it on a tissue paper.
- Allow it to cool for some time. Preserve them in an air-tight box.